My Lidl Obsession

A site dedicated to the bizarre findings in the shop that is Lidl...

Monday, November 14, 2005

The Legendary LIDL Horse Blanket


I have mentioned it on the site in the past... word of it has been muttered in public places... but the LIDL horse blanket has always been a mystery, an enigma... even a myth.

Few have purchased the item for sale in LIDL aimed at a target audience as likely to own a horse as an aristocrat own a pink toweling tracksuit.

The price at a shocking £24.99 means the blanket could not have an alternative use such as a blanket for a baby or even curtains for a bathroom window. It's one of the rare occasions that a REAL baby blanket or a REAL set of curtains for a bathroom window in ANOTHER shop would in fact be cheaper.

ONLY somebody with a horse would consider purchasing it - yet does LIDL really attract the horse owning types?

The pile of horse blankets remains untouched as does the pile of doggy life vests.

What LIDL are forgetting is most LIDL shoppers actually eat horse meat.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:36 am, Blogger mylidlobsession said…

    Please... PLEASE remember, it is Lidl... and not Lidls.

    For example:
    "Today I went to Lidl and in no way did I go to Lidls"

     
  • At 6:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tish and pish wonderhouse!

    It's the goods we love not the grammer!!

     
  • At 12:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hurrah for Lidl and Wonderhorse's mystery shopper fetish! Today I travelled to London's Docklands (sounds so much nicer than East London) and managed to kit out my entire stud farm in Gloucestershire for less than a grand! Sadly, all the doggy vests had been removed from the shelves, which is rather disappointing as I intended to give the hunting hounds a treat too. I was a bit miffed when told they don't do home deliveries. What the hell?! I had to send Porter, the chauffeur, back to the car to get Charles to help carry them all. Fortunately, I was wearing an oversized hat, so the odd few groceries I was tempted by went into that. I asked an assistant where the organic section was, she didn't appear to know what I was talking about. Her mouth opened, but no words came out. I walked away after 5 minutes and left her standing there. Well, all in all, my little trip along the M4 was well worth it. I'll be telling all my horsey friends about this wonderful shop. Maybe I can persuade my mother in law to pop in. You never know, she might 'approve' as only she can!

     
  • At 12:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:03 am, Blogger mylidlobsession said…

    Incorrect.

    Waitrose is the excepton.

    "I'm going to Waitroses darling, I'm taking the Jag..."

    Just doesn't work.

    Oh how I envy those people...

     
  • At 4:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Come to visit sballopoly.splinder.com!We are even fell in love for LIDL!!!!!Stay thrash

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
frontpage hit counter