My Lidl Obsession

A site dedicated to the bizarre findings in the shop that is Lidl...

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The big day

I have to admit, I haven't been in Lidl for some time and my shopping time has been saturated with the gastro-glamour of Waitrose and Marks and Spencers...

I just had to drop into Lidl when passing by. It was like meeting an old friend, an old, tramp-like friend with a mental problem but who has demonstrated his loyalty over the years and remained one of those true friends who never lets you down, despite smelling of cabbage.

Anyway, on walking around the store I noticed a member of 'senior staff' barking at another staff member who was putting up some suspended price signs. They were a bit wonky, all of them.

I had actually noticed this earlier but didn't feel I needed to bring this to the attention to a member of staff.

The member of staff who was putting up the signs waddled down off his ladder and the senior member of staff grabbed the yellow laminated A4 sign from his hand and said:

"We'll NEVER get somebody this important come to this store again so EVERYTHING has to be right. The signs have to be straight... like this..."

I don't think they were talking about my return to the store, but it was clearly a big day for them as well.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:26 am, Blogger Holly Howe said…

    Newsflash. HRH's favourite shop is Lidl. Golly gosh. What a scoop!

     
  • At 1:50 pm, Anonymous Stephannie said…

    Heheh (; When are you planning your next trip there?

     
  • At 11:53 am, Anonymous Kevin Blumer said…

    i use to work in lidl full time when you say the staff work hard you have no idea ive worked in quite a few as well

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
frontpage hit counter