My Lidl Obsession

A site dedicated to the bizarre findings in the shop that is Lidl...

Monday, August 15, 2005

Welcome to My LIDL Obsession

So what is this all about?
Well you may notice the insanely witty pun, LIDL='Little'.. oh ho ho....

Anyway, my name is Ben and I'm probably the biggest snob in the world. LIDL is the most pikiest chain of low budget shops in the world which attracts the dregs of society. It's the cheapest shop in the world, yet all shoppers are criminalised by the security staff and seen as potential thieves. Bags searches are not uncommon, neither are raging arguments in the long, long, long checkout queues. Did I say "Long"?...

To sum the place up, I quote the urbandictionary - "The typical Lidl customer keeps the bags and wears them as clothes. Worse than Asda, somerfield and iceland put together."

Yet, I am strangely drawn to this world, I am now a regular shopper... however not due to the low prices, but for the fantastic experiences I gain on each trip.

For example, in each store is a random selection of non edible items that change on a weekly basis profiled normally in the central aisle of the store. Things ranging from inflatable kids pools to flip flops and pillar drills. Sometimes electrical goods such as microwaves and toasters appear in this section. I have even seen a range of life vests for pet dogs appear in this aisle.

However, bearing in mind this is the pikiest shop in the world, aimed at the sub working class dregs of society... to my surprise in this section has been profiled low cost horse riding gear, horse coats and all manner of riding equipment... a typically aristocratic product range...

Anyway, this site will be dedicated to, and blessed with, my... truly bizarre findings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
frontpage hit counter